...

Sunday, August 22, 2010

New & Emerging Technologies Reflection

As I look back on the courses that I have learned from, in the quest to complete my Master's through Walden U. I feel better equipped to move forward into a leadership role within the school community that I am a part of. The learning activity that I worked on last week made me plan for the obstacles that would present themselves. Instead of reacting to the barriers that come up, I am prepared to break down those barriers. The Prezi presentations and voicethreads that i have created I will share with my administrators and colleagues ti influence their own change. I have built up a strong case to convince administration of the benefits of integrating technology into our classrooms, particularly as it pertains to Lemke's & Coughlin's, change agents. With the wealth of information available to our students, we as educators must show them how to filter out all the misinformation(2009. Students will search for knowledge we are not the only presenters of knowledge. Our roles then become that of guides. They want to learn about a particular topic we must lead and point them in the right direction.

There is so much technology available today to engage all learners. The world has "shrunk" because we are able to connect with others across the world and timelines. It is necessary to be aware of emerging technologies that we can take advantage in our classrooms. I have to be more aware of the new gizmos that are coming up. There are a number of ways that I have found to stay on top of the future. A couple that i have found that I have found are a blog http://www.emergingedtech.com/ and the website http://www.techlearning.com/. By scanning these as well as other resources I can find new and exciting ways to engage all learners and develop 21st century skills in all my students and colleagues. The better prepared we are as a school community, the better our students will be prepared to jump into the future by solving problems and coming up with creative solutions to problems that we have yet to see or hear of.

These past months I have gained much knowledge and received a lot of support from my fellow classmates/cohorts. I wish you all the best and hope to work with you again as we strive to reach the goal of educating our students for the future.

Luis


References
Lemke, C., & Coughlin, E. (2009). The change agents. Educational Leadership, 67(1), 54–59.

No comments: